Sunday, November 12, 2017

Gone Again



Ruru the Cat here.  My person keeps leaving me.  I keep trying to ground her, to make her hold still.  I sit on her.  I hide so she'll find me.  I play in her shoes.  I share food from her plate.  I act really, really cute and irresistible, so she realizes there's only one place in the world she wants to be, but she keeps leaving.  I'm just not sure to keep her here.  She's such a naughty person sometimes.

I don't mind so much when she leaves just for school.  That gives me the chance to get a nap before she starts to snuggle me and rearrange my face the next time.  But it's something else again when she doesn't even come home at night.  It makes me so sad.

Twixie and Dodger, the dogs here, act so forlorn when their people are gone.  They howl, whimper, and bark ALL NIGHT LONG.  I don't want to seem just like them.  I mean, cats and dogs are very different creatures.  Cats have to act superior, so people don't confuse us.  But how can I not act just as depressed as Twixie when our person leaves us and doesn't come home?  Just don't tell Twixie I told you that.


No comments:

Post a Comment