Sunday, July 24, 2016

My kind of dog



Ruru the Cat here.  So we had a weird visit this week.  It was a dog.  Another dog.  Seriously?  As if I don't have enough dogs around here already.  In fact, I kind of remembered her smell from a few months ago when she visited before.

It wasn't a bad visit.  She came along with two old people.  I think I heard the words "grandpa and grandma," whatever that means.  The people weren't particularly interesting since they didn't offer me food or snuggle me.  I was able to steal a bit of their milk after breakfast, but that's beside the point.

The really interesting part of their visit was that dog, Skittles.  She was SCARED of me.  Of me, a cat.  And all the other cats.  And the dogs.  Especially the dogs.  We cats sort of steered clear of her since we didn't know what to make of this stranger with funny, fluffy hair and a long, curly tail. I actually like her better than the two dogs we have because she showed us cats the respect we deserve, none of this chewing on cat heads or eating from their own bowls nonsense we get from dogs around here.

Best of all, Skittles didn't seem interested in her bowl of food at all.  Toothless got in there and went to town on her bowl before he got kicked out.  But what kind of a dog doesn't chase cats or even bark at them, finds cats scary, and lets cats steal all their food?  That's my kind of dog, I'll tell you what.  Too bad she left as quickly as she came.  I wonder when she's coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment