Monday, July 18, 2016

Grumpy Puss



Ruru the Cat, here.  I like to be happy.  My favorite place to be in the entire universe is inside the arms of my person, being snuggled tightly as I purr myself to sleep.  

But there are some things in this universe that make me made...really mad.  One is the puppy.  She tries to chew on my head.  I do not like my head chewed on.  I also don't like that she tends to steal my food and stand between me and my favorite foods, namely cheese and meat.  She perches at the breakfast table and gets my bowl of milk.  She stands at the stove and steals my tidbits of meat and cheese that fall to the floor.  Can you believe the nerve?  She sometimes even steals my mice.  MY mice!  A dog!  What is her problem?  

But I can handle all of that when my person is here. Yesterday, she decided to stay away for a whole night.  She left me!  I had to seek love and affection from other people.  They gave it to me, which is nice, but it's just not the same.  Sometimes, she squishes my face or squeezes my body or yanks on my tail.  That makes me sort of grumpy, but nothing makes me grumpier than not having loving from her at all.  

I'm good with everything and everyone else.  I'll let other people hold me.  The other cats will snuggle me and be sweet to me.  The other dog ignores me.  It's just those things that drive me nuts.  Otherwise, I'm as happy as a purry kitten on a warm, summer day.  




No comments:

Post a Comment