Sunday, April 24, 2016

Homesick



This is Ruru the cat again.  My brother has asked politely--for five or six weeks in a row--to take a turn on my blog.  My person mama had this cat when she was a kid just like him in personality and looks.  It's kind of funny that I'm the favorite right now when he should be.  Except he's really my person's cousin's cat.  He's just here for a long long visit.  Well, here's Scoutie.

Yay!  Ruru's finally letting me write a blog!  I'm so happy!  Now, what should I write about?  


This is Ruru again.  Dumb brother, you should have thought of that all these weeks you were begging to write a blog post.


Okay.  I got it. I like it here.  I like my person mama, the one who raised me until I was two months old.  I like the other people around here.  I'll let them haul me around and pet me and snuggle me.  I love chasing around my brothers and sisters.  But it's just not home.  At home, there is one cat [me] and five people standing in line to worship me.  Here, most of the time, it's  just one person and five cats.  Don't get me wrong.  They're nice to me and feed me around here.  But it's just not the same.  At home, I don't spend much time on the ground.  I no sooner get to sleep than someone grabs me and hauls me around.  Everyone loves and adores and hugs me.  They can't get enough of me.  It's so nice.  There are actual fights over who gets to hold me.  




Here, I have to actually ask to be loved.  I have to stand near a person and wait for them to notice me, and even then, there's so much competition, that I'm sometimes not noticed for hours at a time.  When my real people come to visit, I just melt into their arms.  You've never seen a happier, more melted cat than me when my people come by and hold me and love me and fight over me.  I wonder when they'll take me home to stay.  I know they said something about not being able to have cats, but I'm not just a cat!  I'm Scoutie!  I'm the sweetest cat in the universe.  One of these days, my people will take me home.  I live for that day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment