Monday, April 4, 2016

Love at 977th Sight



This is Ruru, your friendly neighborhood cat blogger here again.  I have another guest blogger today.  All the other fuzz buddies in the house heard about how my annoying brother nabbed my blog for a week and I actually let a dog take over for another week.  They keep asking me when their week is.  So here's Maia.  I'm not really close to her since she's OLD.   She's been around for six and a half years.  Can you even imagine?  I've seen just over that many MONTHS.  She's middle aged for a cat.  And mostly, she's no fun.  She sits around a lot.  Toothless, my brother, has worked really hard to make friends with her.  And now, it's kind of hard to tell them apart.  Except I can smell the difference.  And Toothless actually likes me.  But anyway, just to get her off my back, here's Maia.




Don't listen to Ruth.  She's kind of a waste of space around here if you ask me.  The little girl fell in love with her at first sight, but I can't quite imagine why.  Toothless, he's my kind of cat.  Everyone keeps telling us we look like twins.  We're both Halloween cats.  I'll only give you bad luck if you mess with me.  



See, it was easy for little Ruth to find the love of her person.  It's taken me a lot more work.  I mean, a LOT more work.  I came here at six weeks old.  I was adorable and very maulable.  At such a young age, I would let anyone hold me and love me for hours.  The kids' mom has loved me all this time since I came here.  My own mom, the cat Cleo who used to live here, only occasionally cared one way or another about me. But then all these interloping cats moved in, and it's gotten kind of crowded.  It's really nice to have a buddy cat who cares about me, who wants to share a cat bath or chase me around.  That's new for me.  



But what I've really wanted my whole life since I came was the love of the person I picked to be mine, the boy.  I tried playing with him when I first came since there weren't any small kittens around but me.  He didn't seem to like the way I sneaked under his closed door or jumped out of the black to attack his feet.  I don't understand why he may have a problem with that.  Cats wouldn't.  So I have slunk around the house, ignoring everyone else except the kids' mom while waiting for my boy to love me.  It's really hard to ignore the dogs who like to chase me.  But I've done it all.  



My boy tried to adopt Toothless, but Toothless only had eyes for the kids' mom.  My boy became jealous over the bond his sister had with Ruth.  Finally and at long last, my boy noticed me.  He started to realize I hang out in his room all the time and will let him pet me like other fuzz buddies don't.  He's fallen in love with me.  It took more than six years, but I finally feel like I'm home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment