Monday, February 8, 2016

Nut House

I'm a cat.  I'm no longer a kitten, but I still look like one.  I'm surrounded by crazy fur beasties, some of them related and some who think they're related.


 Let's start with the animals that think they're my mommy.  Here is Daisy, a chihueenie.  She thinks every kitten that comes in the house is her funny looking puppy.  She loved me from the start and got ready to nurse my brothers, sister, and me as soon as we showed up.  Then she remembered she was fixed and couldn't.  She will defend me to the death from anyone, even other "funny looking puppies" who try to mess with me.


So just to be clear, according to Daisy, this is Maia, a cat, an evil creature to be chased around:

And this is Toothless, one of Daisy's funny looking puppies, a creature to be nurtured and protected:



I'm sure you can clearly see the difference.  Okay, maybe not since you're just a human.  My people get them confused all the time.  One jumps on our person mommy from the left, and one from the right, and the older, much more mature girl is an inch taller and broader than the boy.  But if you were a dog, you could SMELL the difference.

Here's four legged mommy number two.  As a person, you probably think we trotted out the cloning machine.  But Daisy knows the difference.  One is Baby, an older funny looking puppy who can sometimes be chased around if she acts like a cat and runs.  The other is me, Ruthie.  I cannot be chased because I will not run.  Daisy is my mommy.  But Baby loves me, cleans me, and snuggles me like my mommy would do if she were here and attacks me and chases me like an older sister should do.  I'm much bigger than this now, but not as big as Baby.



 Everyone but Maia and the new cat in the house, Snickers, who is right now looking for a new home, has been embraced as one of our pack, us siblings.  We snuggle.  We clean each other.  We play all night long.  We are one.

Maia's picture is above.  She keeps herself separate, but she sometimes licks Toothless or lets him nuzzle her now that she's gotten over hissing and trying to kill him.  Maia's a cat, not a funny looking puppy.  She may look like one of us, but she isn't.  Snickers is kept in a separate room, so she won't be scared of being chased around by other animals when she finds her new home.  That's how Cleo behaved when she went to her new home, scared of everything.  Snickers, too, is a real cat.


Here's the other friend who isn't one of us, Pomeranian Dodger.  He lets me snuggle him sometimes, but he doesn't like other cats.  I'm special that way.  He even sometimes sniffs or licks me.


And here's our last brother, Scoutie.  He's my person aunt's cat.  He's only visiting for a few months.  But he has been embraced like one of the family.


There is our crazy four-legged family.  They're all completely nuts, especially in the middle of the night, but they're my kind of nuts, and I love them.


No comments:

Post a Comment