Sunday, May 8, 2022

My Person Was there for Me!

 

[When it was just me]

Ruru the Cat here.  It's been a long time since my person has worshiped me properly.  I used to rule her room. It was great. It was a quiet space with just my person there to give me all the attention I wanted and then to stand by and be ready any time I wanted affection. Okay, so sometimes she pet me when I hadn't given her permission. I could forgive that as long as her room was all mine.  

[Tolerating Kittens]

Well, then the kittens all piled into my room, and it stopped being my room, a quiet space for just me and my person.  I couldn't even stand to be in there anymore because their smells were everywhere, covering up my own. And you know how monstery kittens can be.  They just won't leave you ALONE.  And there came one after another after another. And now, most of them are bigger than me.  

[Like this. Do this all the time.]

Well, this week, she gave me some real time. She didn't try to take me to her room. Nobody would have liked that because I've since claimed her maternal parent's room. There, I can be in silence and periodically get attention. Not as much as I'd like, but at least no one picks on me there. But my person just came up to me and pet me and pet me and rubbed my belly and my face and just didn't leave. It was the greatest moment I can remember. Now, if only I can get my person to worship me like that all the time, I'd almost be able to ignore the rest of the cats or even almost like them. Nah. But at least I'd get the worship I deserve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment