Monday, August 17, 2020

Exposed!

[My favorite hidey-hole.]

Ruru the Cat here.  So just when things settled after we got rid of the toddlers, things started to get strange again.   My people started clearing out everything on the floor but sofas and stuff.  I got the feeling they would have put us somewhere on the shelf if they could.  Well, my favorite hidey-hole, a couple of weird chairs stacked together, making a fun little tunnel, disappeared, too.  It just wasn't there anymore.  


[Priorities!  By that, I mean me and giving me cheese.]

Now, I was left exposed when several little kids with grabby hands showed up.  They wanted to grab me, but I was able to hide in my handy dandy underwear drawer.  Instead, they chased down the kittens.  Whew.  But that left me without a hidey-hole.  When I want to remind my people to give me treats when they're giving the dog treats.  This is very important because humans are so forgetful of what is truly important, namely, me.  

[My substitute hidey-hole.  I want my real one back.]

Fine.  I finally gave in and decided to use that weird structure that bores me but now seems to thrill the dumb kittens.  I still refuse to climb it, even when they put treats higher up.  But it does make a handy dandy place to hide.  Especially now that two old people have moved in.  I don't know why two old people would move into MY house without my permission.  My person's mother calls the old lady "mom," and the male human child calls her "grandma."  I know what a mom is, but I didn't think they were so OLD.  But "grandma" is a new one on me.  They even SMELL old.  At least they don't chase me around and try to grab me like the toddlers do.  I can't help but wonder if the disappearance of my happy hidey-hole has everything to do with old people shuffling and stumbling around my house.  

[Dangit.  They found me.]

Here's the one problem with my new hidey-hole: it's not so hidden.  Dumb kittens AND dumb dogs can find me in it.  Oh, and those pesky kids, too.  When do I get my stinking spot back?  



No comments:

Post a Comment