Sunday, February 12, 2017

Cat and Mouse



This is Ruru the Cat.  Remember how last week, Baby, my annoying sister, told you all about what an awesome huntress she was?  How strong and saucy she was and that all fuzzy animals from everywhere ought to fear her?  Turns out the little red light our person's dad uses to make us chase our tails around the house is in more danger.  Heck, even Baby's tail is in more danger than a mouse.

Today, my people found a mouse in a bucket of dog food.  They tried to get it into the toilet, but the fat thing jumped right over the toilet and hid in the bathroom.  They tried locking Toothless, my silly brother, in there with the mouse, but he didn't even notice it.  Had he captured it, he would have left nothing but a head.  We've seen him do it, too.  But he didn't so much as smell it.



But Baby walked right in there, right to its hiding spot, grabbed it, and took it to the arena humans call the living room for play time.  We were all prepared to be impressed.  She growled at anyone who tried to take it.  I wanted it, and she wouldn't even let me sniff it.  It was HER mouse.  She was going to PROVE she was the best huntress of all.

It wasn't five minutes before the stupid mouse slipped away and hid behind the bookcases.  Man, that Baby is hilarious.  She thinks she's all that, but she's not.  See, I'm much more efficient.  I caught one a few days ago, killed it, and kindly left it for my person to find.  I want her to learn to be a better cat.  She doesn't get it any better than Baby does.  Silly Baby, go back to chasing your tail and that red dot.  You may even catch them sooner than you would a mouse.

                                                             ***



Squeekums, here.  I sneaked over here to borrow the computer.  Those silly cats think they caught me.  By outsmarting every cat in the house, I have completed my initiation to become Head Fuzz, Chief Leader of All Rodents in this human dwelling.  Thus begins our plan to properly honor those who have been taken to Volehala by taking over.  Mwahahah!  Oops.  Gotta go.
 

                                                   ***
Ruru again.  Where'd that come from?  

No comments:

Post a Comment