Monday, March 7, 2016

Food! Glorious Food!




There is a world of food out there that most of the cats in my house just don't get.  I'm a cat, but that doesn't mean I have to stick to meat and cheese.  Don't get me wrong.  I got NUTS for meat and cheese.  I talked a long time about this in my Jekyll and Hyde post.  Dude, it's a physical transformation.  Kind of like the Hulk but smaller, fuzzier, and cuter.

But other cats around here don't get it.  Sure, they like meat and cheese.  A lot of them even like yogurt, which makes me want to run away.  I mean, that stuff is NASTY.  They made me eat some during my kittenhood when my stomach was upset.  I won't go near it now.



But check it.  I'll try almost anything the first time.  I tried coconut this week.  It's really good stuff.  I go wild for lettuce.  Not so much into carrots or pineapple.  But peanut butter makes me crazy with joy.  I've been fighting all week for the chance to eat my person's birthday cake.  I even sat on the plastic cover on the cake, hoping a piece would hop out at me.  My people were kind of upset when I made the letters come off the cake and go onto the plastic.  I thought it was funny.  Tortillas are awesome [especially with cheese inside.]  It's the same with bread. I will jump onto the stove for used oil or better yet, bacon grease, as long as it's not hot.  Don't give me hot things.  I will stare at anything hot for long enough that the dog steals it if it's even a little hot.  But I'll take ALMOST anything else.  Especially lettuce.



You know, my people should have known I'd be an eater.  First off, my very fur spells NOM NOM.  There's an M on my forehead, N's on my shoulders and rear, and an O on both sides.  I guess it comes of having to fight for food among my six bigger brothers and sisters when I was little.  But even the dogs don't challenge me once the food is mine.  If they do, I will eat them, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment