Sunday, February 11, 2024

My Red Dot

[I could see a red dot there.]
 

Ruru the Cat here. So one of my people offered the red dot just to me. So I was just SURE I was going to get it. It was all mine. I could see it. I grabbed for it! It was right there between my paws!  Still, it got away. 

[Me, masterfully chasing the dot.]

I don't understand. If all the other cats went for it, I could understand how it slipped through my paws. But I'm a pretty good hunter. I've killed a lot of mice over my life. One time, I got one and put it under one of my people's sheets. Yeah, I was pretty proud that she slept there for days, unable to figure out where the smell of dead mouse was coming from. That was quite the amazing gift I left. And it kept on giving. 

[Where'd it go?]

So I know I'm good at what I do. And I have this room all to myself. There was no reason this red dot could possibly have escaped. Yet it did! I'm so confused. You can't even see the dot in these pictures. So I guess it escaped you, too. Dangit. Next time, red dot. Next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment